I finally found some time (and energy) (and motivation) to get back to work on the Propaganda project.

Thanks to an inspired suggestion from Bowie Poag, rather than try to find the dominant color with complicated math, I applied a very heavy “blur” effect to each image. The end result is an image with all the detail wiped out, with only the largest area of color remaining. You can click the thumbnail on the left to see a larger version of the preview.

Since some of the tiles didn’t blur to a single major color, I’m going to pick five random pixels, average them, and call that the dominant color.

This was dramatically easier, but required a lot more processing time. Remember, I’ve got 850+ of these to work on.

Time to get back to work.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *